CMAP's internship program gives students the opportunity to obtain fundamental training and skills necessary for a career in the broadcast industry and in marketing communications. Interns receive comprehensive training and real-life experience in planning marketing strategies, video production and related computer technology.
Check out this video of recent CMAP interns sharing their experience creating open source tools for CMAP.
WHO CAN BE AN INTERN?
Anyone can apply for an internship at CMAP. Strong candidates are those who are interested in marketing, community engagement, video production, filmmaking, or creating bilingual (Spanish) and community content. Experience in video production is a plus but is not required. You can enroll in an independent or field study course at your school in order to earn credit for your internship time, or simply be an intern for the experience.
Internship Positions: CMAP Marketing & Outreach Internship
• Assist director to develop and implement organizational marketing plan
• Participate in a marketing research projects
• Develop documents, flyers, outreach letters and content to market the station’s three television channels
• Create marketing videos for YouTube, the television channels of CMAP and for DVDs
• Assist on locally-produced CMAP video shoots and studio programs.
• Receive an excellent reference for your work for future marketing and development positions!
• Marketing planning, research, implementation and media/public relations
• Video production training on Final Cut Pro, iMovie, using online video to market and tell stories, and other tools
Basic computer and people skills required. We are looking for an intern who is excited to learn about marketing, pr, online video, video production, media/community relations, branding and alternative media sources
WHAT CAN INTERNS DO?
Interns volunteer a minimum of five- ten hours a week for semester. Interns work in the following areas:
- Studio Production
- Field Production
- Programming Department
Highly marketable skills, Hands-on television experience
Friendly, community environment
Receive CMAP training workshops and access to equipment
Great experience for job resume
WANNA SIGN UP?
Please include resume and a brief cover letter about what interests you in the position to CMAP's Access Facilitator , James Duisenberg at email@example.com 408-722-9144 x105 to apply for an internship. Thank you.