"Pets of Our Lives" Pet Video Contest
At CMAP we know how much pets and animals mean to our communities. So, we are launching the “Pets of Our Lives” pets and animal video contest to capture, celebrate, and share your amazing pets with our viewers and the world.
Make your pet the next viral video sensation! We are asking you for videos of your pets doing crazy tricks, acting funny, dancing, or just being super cute. Don’t have a video camera or editing software? No problem! No previous camera experience is necessary. At CMAP you can learn and be certified to check out HD cameras, lighting and audio equipment and editing software to make your video submissions. CMAP is now located at Christopher High School, 850 Day Road in Gilroy. CMAP staff also provide weekly workshops for youth at locations in Hollister. Classes are being offered.
The best videos will be awarded awesome prizes like a GoPro Hero3 HD White Edition camera, a Google Chromebook computer, and gift certificates from local businesses.
Contest winners will be announced on www.cmap.tv and at a LIVE screening at the CMAP studio at CHS in June 2013.
How to Submit Your Video to the Contest
- Make a 3-minute or less video of your pet. Use a CMAP camera, your own camera, or your mobile phone.
- You can edit your video, or it can be unedited.
- Upload your footage to YouTube by the deadline: All entries are due by 5pm on June 1st, 2013. (CMAP can help if you don’t know how or don’t have a fast connection at home.) You must title your video on Youtube in the following way: "(Your Name) - CMAP Pet Video Contest”
- Fill out the contest submission form here.
- Share your video from YouTube to CMAP TV’s Facebook page. If you don’t have Facebook, email your video to email@example.com. If you have any problems, please call or email Nick Petrilla at CMAP: firstname.lastname@example.org, 831.205.1350.
- The Grand Prize winner will be weighted by the number of Facebook and YouTube Likes. This social media voting method will be combined with a final determination by CMAP staff judges. Prize will be: ONE Go Pro Hero 3 HD White Edition camera (approximate retail value: $200), and ONE gift certificate to a local business
- The Second Prize winner will be weighted by the number of Facebook and YouTube Likes. This social media voting method will be combined with a final determination by CMAP staff judges. Prize will be: ONE Google Chrome Laptop (approximate retail value: $199)
- The Third Prize winner will be weighted by the number of Facebook and YouTube Likes. This social media voting method will be combined with a final determination by CMAP staff judges. Prize will be: A Gift Certificate to local business or businesses (approximate retail value: $100)
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES:
- Videos must be uploaded to Youtube.com with the proper title then shared with CMAPTV via Facebook or an emailed link sent to Nick@cmap.tv
- Contestants must be residents of Gilroy or San Benito County
- All video submissions must be uploaded by 5pm June 1st, 2013, midnight PST
- Videos must be original, or owned work of the contestant
- Videos cannot be more than 3 minutes long
- Only videos approved by CMAP will be uploaded onto the official "Pets of Our Lives" video contest webpage and CMAP’s public access cable channels
- Only videos approved by CMAP will be considered for the final prizes. CMAP staff will determine the finalists, and prizes will be distributed to finalists in the three categories within two months after the contest winners are announced.
- No animals can be hurt or abused in the making of the video
- Any music or images used in the video must either be owned by the submitter or be in the public domain
- CMAP staff reserves the right to eliminate any entries deemed by CMAP as inappropriate for family viewing, or due to technical issues.
- By submitting a video to CMAP you agree to the following: to allow CMAP to cablecast your video on its local cable channels, on its social media channels, and on its web site; that you allow a Creative Commons “Attribution” license for your content which allows the sharing of your video with others.
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES
By submitting a video to "Pets of Our Lives" Video Contest, contestant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of CMAP, which are final and binding in all matters related to this contest. The award of a prize is contingent upon contestant complying with all conditions and fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.